The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Eisenberg, J. E., and K. H. Redford. 1999. Mammals of the Neotropics, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Mead, James G., and Robert L. Brownell, Jr. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Cetacea. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 1. 723-743
- Nowak, R. M. 1991. Walker's Mammals of the World. 5 edition. The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore & London.
- P. Gervais. 1850. Memoire sur la Famille des cetaces Ziphioides, et plus particulierment sur le Ziphius cavirostris de la Mediterranee. Annales des Sciences Naturales. Partie Zoologique 14:5-17
- Rice, Dale W. 1998. Marine Mammals of the World: Systematics and Distribution. Special Publications of the Society for Marine Mammals, no. 4. ix + 231
- Smith, F. A., S. K. Lyons, S. K. M. Ernest, K. E. Jones, D. M. Kaufman, T. Dayan, P. Marquet, J. H. Brown, and J. P. Haskell. 2003. Body size of late Quaternary mammals. Ecology 84:3403.
- True, Frederick W. 1885. Suggestions to the keepers of the U. S. Lifesaving stations, light-houses, and light-ships, and to other observers, relative to the best means of collecting and preserving specimens of whales and porpoises. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1883; Plate VIII-24a
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and F. Russell Cole. 2000. Common Names of Mammals of the World. xiv + 204