The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2000. "Cetacea" (On-line). Accessed February 09, 2004 at http://www.cetacea.org.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Culik, B. 2002. "Mesoplodon grayi" (On-line). Convention on Migratory Species (CMS). Accessed August 08, 2004 at http://www.cms.int/reports/small_cetaceans/data/m_grayi/m_grayi.htm.
- Dalebout, M. L., C. Scott Baker, D. Steel, K. Thompson, K. M. Robertson, S. J. Chivers, et al. 2014. Resurrection of Mesoplodon hotaula Deraniyagala 1963: A new species of beaked whale in the tropical Indo-Pacific. Marine Mammal Science, Early View (Online Version of Record published before inclusion in an issue). unpaginated
- Eisenberg, J. E., and K. H. Redford. 1999. Mammals of the Neotropics, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Evans, P. 1987. The Natural History of Whales & Dolphins. New York, New York USA: Facts on File, Inc.
- Klinowska, M., J. Cooke. 1991. Dolphins, Porpoises, and Whales of the World. Switzerland and Cambridge, U.K.: IUCN The World Conservation Union.
- MacLeod, C. 2000. Species recognition as a possible function for variations in position and shape of the sexually dimorphic tusks of Mesoplodon whales. Evolution, 56/6: 2171-2173.
- MacLeod, C. 2002. Possible functions of the ultradense bone in the rostrum of Blainville's beaked whale (Mesoplodon densirostris). Canadian Journal of Zoology, 80:1: 178-184.
- Mead, James G., and Robert L. Brownell, Jr. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Cetacea. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 1. 723-743
- Nowak, R. M. 1991. Walker's Mammals of the World. 5 edition. The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore & London.
- Perrin, W. (2014). Mesoplodon Gervais, 1850. In: Perrin, W.F. (2014) World Cetacea Database. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=137034
- Rice, Dale W. 1998. Marine Mammals of the World: Systematics and Distribution. Special Publications of the Society for Marine Mammals, no. 4. ix + 231
- Smith, F. A., S. K. Lyons, S. K. M. Ernest, K. E. Jones, D. M. Kaufman, T. Dayan, P. Marquet, J. H. Brown, and J. P. Haskell. 2003. Body size of late Quaternary mammals. Ecology 84:3403.
- True, Frederick W. 1885. Suggestions to the keepers of the U. S. Lifesaving stations, light-houses, and light-ships, and to other observers, relative to the best means of collecting and preserving specimens of whales and porpoises. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1883; Plate VIII-24a
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and F. Russell Cole. 2000. Common Names of Mammals of the World. xiv + 204
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!