The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Hiendleder, S., B. Kaupe, R. Wassmuth, and A. Janke. 2002 Molecular analysis of wild and domestic sheep questions current nomenclature and provides evidence for domestication from two different subspecies. Proceedings of the Royal Society Series B 269:893-904.
- Hiendleder, S., K. Mainz, Y. Plante, and H. Lewalski. 1998. Analysis of mitochondrial DNA indicates that domestic sheep are derived from two different ancestral maternal sources: no evidence for contributions from urial and argali sheep. Journal of Heredity 89:113-120.
- J. F. Lonneux and B. Losson, “Elements for positive diagnosis of ectoparasitosis in ruminants”, Point Veterinaire, vol. 29, no. 188, pp. 45 - 49, 1998.
- L. D. Harris and L. Paur, A quantitative food web analysis of a shortgrass community, Technical Report No. 154, Grassland Biome. U.S. International Biological Program (1972), from p. 17.
- P. R. Sanchez, A. Oleagaperez, and A. Encinasgrandes, “Analysis of the specificity of the salivary antigens of Ornithodoros erraticus for the purpose of serological detection of swine farms harboring the parasite”, Parasite Immunology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 201 - 216, 1992.
- Pedrosa, S., M. Uzun, J.-J. Arranz, B. Gutiérrez-Gil, F. San Primitivo, and Y. Bayón. 2005. Evidence of three maternal lineages in near eastern sheep supporting multiple domestication events. Proceedings of the Royal Society Series B 272:2211-2217.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 2142
- Wilson, Don E., and Sue Ruff, eds. 1999. The Smithsonian Book of North American Mammals. xxv + 750
- Wu, C.H., Y.P. Zhang, T.D. Bunch, S. Wang, and W. Wang. 2003 Mitochondrial control region sequence variation within argali wild sheep (Ovis ammon): evolution and conservation relevance. Mammalia 67:109-118.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!