The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Cox, C. J. and T. A. J. Hedderson. 1999. Phylogenetic relationships among the ciliate arthrodontous mosses: evidence from chloroplast and nuclear DNA sequences. Pl. Syst. Evol. 215:119-139.
- Cox, C. J., B. Goffinet, A. E. Newton, A. J. Shaw and T. A. J. Hedderson. 2000. Phylogenetic relationships among the diplolepideous-alternate mosses (Bryidae) inferred from nuclear and chloroplast DNA sequences. The Bryologist 103:224-241.
- De Luna, E., A. E. Newton, A. Withey, D. Gonzalez and B. D. Mishler. 1999. The transition to pleurocarpy: A phylogenetic analysis of the main Diplolepidous lineages based on rbcL sequences and morphology. The Bryologist 102:634-650.
- De Luna, E., W. R. Buck, H. Akiyama, T. Arikawa, H. Tsubota, D. Gonzalez, A. E. Newton and A. J. Shaw. 2000. Ordinal phylogeny within the Hypnobryalean pleurocarpous mosses inferred from cladistic analyses of three chloroplast DNA sequence data sets: trnL-F, rps4, and rbcL. The Bryologist 103:242-256.
- Goffinet, B. and C. J. Cox. 2000. Phylogenetic relationships among basal-most arthrodontous mosses with special emphasis on the evolutionary significance of the Funariineae. The Bryologist 103:212-223.
- Goffinet, Bernard, William R. Buck, and Jonathan Shaw / Goffinet, B., and A. J. Shaw, eds. 2008. Morphology, anatomy, and classification of the Bryophyta. Bryophyte Biology, Second Edition. 55-138
- La Farge, C., B. D. Mishler, J. A. Wheeler, D. P. Wall, K. Johanes, S. Schaffer and A. J. Shaw. 2000. Phylogenetic relationships within the haplolepideous mosses. The Bryologist 103:257-276.
- Newton, A. E. and E. De Luna. 1999. A survey of morphological characters for phylogenetic study of the transition to pleurocarpy. The Bryologist 102:651-682.
- Newton, A. E., C. J. Cox, J. G. Duckett, J. A. Wheeler, B. Goffinet, T. A. Hedderson and B. D. Mishler. 2000. Evolution of the major moss lineages: Phylogenetic analyses based on multiple gene sequences and morphology. The Bryologist 103:187-211.
- P. Kenrick and P.R. Crane. 1997. The Origin and Early Diversification of Land Plants: a Cladistic Study