Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 433
Specimens with Sequences: 452
Specimens with Barcodes: 12
Species With Barcodes: 87
Public Records: 252
Public Species: 70
Public BINs: 9
Bacillariaceae is a family of diatoms in the phylum Heterokontophyta. Some of the genus members such as Nitzchia are found in halophilic environments; for example, some halophile species of Nitzchia are found in the seasonally flooded Makgadikgadi Pans in Botswana.
This family includes the following genera:
- Bacillaria Gmelin
- Cylindrotheca Rabenh.
- Cymbellonitzschia Hustedt in Schmidt et al.
- Denticula Kütz.
- Denticulopsis R. Simonsen and T. Kanaya, 1961
- Fragilariopsis Hustedt in A. Schmidt
- Hantzschia Grunow
- Neodenticula Akiba and Yanagisawa
- Nitzschia Hass.
- Pseudo-nitzschia H. Perag. in H. Perag. and Perag.
- Tryblionella W. Sm.
- ITIS, 2008
- C. Michael Hogan, 2008
- "ITIS report:Bacillariaceae Ehrenb.".
- C. Michael Hogan (2008) Makgadikgadi, The Megalithic Portal, ed. A. Burnham
- ITIS (2008) 
|This Diatom article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!