The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Brienheide R; Tamori M; Motokawa T; Ohtani M; Iwakoshi E; Muneoka Y; Fujita T; Minakata H; Nomoto K. 1998. Peptides controlling stiffness of connective tissue in sea cucumbers. Biological Bulletin. 194: 253-259.
- Brusca, Richard C., and Gary J. Brusca. 2002. Invertebrates, Second Edition. xx + 936
- F.E.W. Rowe and J. Gates. 1995. Zoological Catalogue of Australia: Echinodermata 33
- Fibuier, Louis. 1868. Ocean World : Being a Descriptive History of the Sea and its Living Inhabitants. New York : D. Appleton & Co.; Fig. 119
- Hendler, Gordon, John E. Miller, David L. Pawson, and Porter M. Kier. 1995. Sea Stars, Sea Urchins, and Allies: Echinoderms of Florida and the Caribbean. xi + 390
- Koob TJ; Koob-Edmunds MM; Trotter JA. 1999. Cell-derived stiffening and plasticizing factors in sea cucumber (Cucumaria frondosa) dermis. Journal of Experimental Biology. 202: 2291-2301.
- One Species at a Time is brought to you by the Encyclopedia of Life, hosted by Ari Daniel Shapiro and produced by Atlantic Public Media.
- Szulgit G. 2007. The echinoderm collagen fibril: a hero in the connective tissue research of the 1990s. BioEssays. 29: 645-653.
- Tipper JP; Lyons-Levy G; Atkinson MAL; Trotter JA. 2003. Purification, characterization and cloning of tensilin, the collagen-fibril binding and tissue-stiffening factor from Cucumaria frondosa dermis. Matrix Biology. 21: 625-635.
- Yamada A; Tamori M; Iketani T; Oiwa K; Motokawa T. 2010. A novel stiffening factor inducing the stiffest state of holothurian catch connective tissue. Journal of Experimental Biology. 213: 3416-3422.