Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Syndemis musculana
Below is the sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species.
See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen.
Other sequences that do not yet meet barcode criteria may also be available.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Syndemis musculana
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 22
Species With Barcodes: 1
The caterpillars feed on oaks (Quercus), birches (Betula), spruces (Picea), ragworts (Senecio) and Rubus (brambles and allies). Less usually, they have been recorded to eat plant refuse and dry leaves.
Obsolete scientific names of this species are:
- Cacoecia musculana (Hübner, 1799)
- Syndemis musculana nipponensis Yasuda, 1975
- Tortrix musculana Hübner, 1799
- Tortrix musculinana (lapsus)
- Tortrix obsoletana Strand, 1901
- Grabe, Albert (1942): Eigenartige Geschmacksrichtungen bei Kleinschmetterlingsraupen ["Strange tastes among micromoth caterpillars"]. Zeitschrift des Wiener Entomologen-Vereins 27: 105-109 [in German]. PDF fulltext
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!