Data about Onychogalea
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||The Paleobiology Database|
Glossary for Onychogalea
- Body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- Clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- Extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- gestation period duration
- The length of time between when a fertilized egg implants in the wall of the uterus and the birth of offspring.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Inter-birth interval
- The length of time between successive births of a female.
- Litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- Natural freshwater surface streams of considerable volume and a permanent or seasonal flow, moving in a definite channel toward a sea, lake, or another river; any large streams, or ones larger than brooks or creeks, such as the trunk stream and larger branches of a drainage system.
- A mass of the mineral material of the crust of the Earth.
- Any material within 2 m from the Earth's surface that is in contact with the atmosphere, with the exclusion of living organisms, areas with continuous ice not covered by other material, and water bodies deeper than 2 m.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Weaning age
- Age when primary nutritional dependency on the mother ends and independent foraging begins to make a major contribution to the offspring’s energy requirements.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|weight||1.9 to 5.8 kg||3||2|
|body mass||1.23 to 6.49 kg||4||3|
|Body length (VT)||52.5 to 52.5 cm||1||1|
|Onset of fertility||185.0 to 209.75 days||2||1|
|Weaning age||164.53 to 165.0 days||2||1|
|Inter-birth interval||125.0 to 125.0 days||2||1|
|total life span||5.0 to 5.0 years||1||1|
|gestation period duration||23.0 to 23.0 days||1||1|
|total life span||5.5 to 7.4 years||2||2|
|Litters per year||1.89 to 1.89||1||1|
|Clutch/brood/litter size||1.0 to 1.0||5||3|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!