Data about Dendrolagus
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Dendrolagus
- Body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- Body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- Clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- Gestation period duration
- The length of time between when a fertilized egg implants in the wall of the uterus and the birth of offspring.
- Inter-birth interval
- The length of time between successive births of a female.
- Litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- Social group size
- Number of individuals in a group that spends the majority of their time in a 24 hour cycle together where there is some indication that these individuals form a social cohesive unit.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Weaning age
- Age when primary nutritional dependency on the mother ends and independent foraging begins to make a major contribution to the offspring’s energy requirements.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|Weight||7.2 to 11.4 kg||6||6|
|Body mass||945.25 g to 13.25 kg||15||10|
|Body length (VT)||53.78 to 71.62 cm||7||7|
|Onset of fertility||1.4 to 2.6 years||5||3|
|Inter-birth interval||1.0 to 1.19 years||6||4|
|Weaning age||359.99 days to 1.97 years||11||6|
|Total life span||8.0 to 23.83 years||6||6|
|Gestation period duration||33.95 to 37.94 days||2||2|
|Total life span||19.0 to 26.9 years||5||5|
|Social group size||2.0 to 2.0||1||1|
|Clutch/brood/litter size||1.0 to 1.11||15||9|
|Litters per year||1.0 to 1.1||4||4|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!