Data about Dendrolagus
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Evolution and Systematics
||The Paleobiology Database|
Glossary for Dendrolagus
- arboreal habitat
- A habitat in or on trees.
- body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- first appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- first appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- gestation period duration
- The length of time between when a fertilized egg implants in the wall of the uterus and the birth of offspring.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- inter-birth interval
- The length of time between successive births of a female.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- last appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
- A landform that extends above the surrounding terrain in a limited area. A mountain is generally steeper than a hill, but there is no universally accepted standard definition for the height of a mountain or a hill although a mountain usually has an identifiable summit and a local relief of more than 300m.
- onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- A body of land jutting out into and nearly surrounded by water.
- An elevated and comparatively level expanse of land.
- Natural freshwater surface streams of considerable volume and a permanent or seasonal flow, moving in a definite channel toward a sea, lake, or another river; any large streams, or ones larger than brooks or creeks, such as the trunk stream and larger branches of a drainage system.
- A mass of the mineral material of the crust of the Earth.
- social group size
- Number of individuals in a group that spends the majority of their time in a 24 hour cycle together where there is some indication that these individuals form a social cohesive unit.
- terrestrial biome
- A biome that applies to the terrestrial realm.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- weaning age
- Age when primary nutritional dependency on the mother ends and independent foraging begins to make a major contribution to the offspring’s energy requirements.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|weight||7.2 to 11.4 kg||6||6|
|body mass||945.25 g to 13.25 kg||15||10|
|body length (VT)||53.78 to 71.62 cm||7||7|
|onset of fertility||1.4 to 2.6 years||5||3|
|inter-birth interval||1.0 to 1.19 years||6||4|
|weaning age||359.99 days to 1.97 years||11||6|
|total life span||8.0 to 23.83 years||6||6|
|gestation period duration||33.95 to 37.94 days||2||2|
|total life span||19.0 to 26.9 years||5||5|
|social group size||2.0 to 2.0||1||1|
|clutch/brood/litter size||1.0 to 1.11||15||9|
|litters per year||1.0 to 1.1||4||4|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!