underneath rocks or in cracks and crevices. Shallow subtidal and intertidal. In association or not with morray eels.
- Baeza JA. 2009. Protandric Simultaneous Hermaphroditism
- Is a Conserved Trait in Lysmata (Caridea: Lysmatidae): Implications for the Evolution
- of Hermaphroditism in the Genus.
- Smithsonian Contributions to Marine Science 38. In Press.
Life History and Behavior
Gregarious behavior. Living in large groups in crevices or cracks when in association or not with morray eels. Non specialized cleaner.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Baeza,J.A., Schubart,C.D., Zillner,P., Fuentes,S. and Bauer,R.T.2009. Molecular phylogeny of shrimps from the genus Lysmata (Caridea: Hippolytidae): the evolutionary origins of protandric simultaneous hermaphroditism and social monogamy. Biol. J. Linn. Soc. Lond. 96, 415-424.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!