Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:10
Specimens with Barcodes:10
Species With Barcodes:2
|This article needs additional citations for verification.|
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2011)
Anthericum is a genus of about 300 species, rhizomatous perennial plants in the family Asparagaceae, subfamily Agavoideae. It was formerly placed in its own family, Anthericeae. The species have rhizomatous or tuberous roots, long narrow leaves and branched stems carrying starry white flowers. The members of this genus occurs mainly in the tropical and southern Africa and Madagascar, but also represented in Europe.
Only two species are in general cultivation. A number of species are now included in the genus Chlorophytum, the Spider Plant, a familiar and popular house plant. Others, including the St. Bruno's Lily, are now classed in the genus Paradisea.
- Anthericum acuminatum Rendle
- Anthericum baeticum
- Anthericum falcatum L.f.
- Anthericum japonicum Thunb.
- Anthericum liliago L. – St. Bernard's Lily
- Anthericum ramosum L.
Formerly placed here
- Arthropodium cirrhatum (G.Forst.) R.Br. (as A. cirrhatum G.Forst.)
- Bulbine frutescens (L.) Willd. (as A. frutescens L.)
- Bulbine longiscapa (Jacq.) Willd. (as A. longiscapum Jacq.)
- Bulbinella hookeri (Colenso ex Hook.) Cheeseman (as A. hookeri (Colenso ex Hook.) Hook.f.)
- Bulbinella nutans subsp. nutans (as A. nutans Thunb.)
- Chlorophytum bichetii (Karrer) Backer (as A. bichetii hort. ex Backer, nom. inval.)
- Chlorophytum capense (L.) Voss (as A. elatum Aiton)
- Chlorophytum macrophyllum (A.Rich.) Asch. (as A. macrophyllum A.Rich.)
- Eccremis coarctata (Ruiz & Pav.) Baker (as A. coarctatum Ruiz & Pav.)
- Echeandia flavescens (Schult. & Schult.f.) Cruden (as A. flavescens Schult. & Schult.f. and A. torreyi Baker)
- Drimia fragrans (Jacq.) J.C.Manning & Goldblatt (as A. fragrans Jacq.)
- Drimia physodes (Jacq.) Jessop (as A. physodes Jacq.)
- Narthecium ossifragum (L.) Huds. (as A. ossifragum L.)
- Pasithea caerulea (Ruiz & Pav.) D.Don (as A. caeruleum Ruiz & Pav.)
- Simethis planifolia (Vand. ex L.) Gren. & Godr. (as A. planifolium Vand. ex L.)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Anthericum|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Anthericum|
- ^ a b "Genus: Anthericum L.". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. 2010-01-19. http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/genus.pl?751. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- ^ Stevens, P.F. (2001 onwards), Angiosperm Phylogeny Website: Asparagales: Agavoideae, http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/orders/asparagalesweb.htm#Agavaceae
- ^ a b "GRIN Species Records of Anthericum". Germplasm Resources Information Network. United States Department of Agriculture. 2010-01-19. http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/splist.pl?751. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
|This Asparagales article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!