Data about <i>Lithobates onca</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Lithobates onca
- Artificial lake
- A lake purposefully constructed.
- Relatively narrow, deep depression with steep sides, the bottom of which generally has a continuous slope.
- Conservation status
- A region rendered barren or partially barren by environmental extremes, especially by low rainfall.
- A taxon is Endangered when the best available evidence indicates that it meets any of the criteria A to E for Endangered, and it is therefore considered to be facing a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
- Fresh water
- Freshwater habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a body of water containing low concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (<0.5 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A body of water or other liquid of considerable size contained on a body of land.
- The exit or point of discharge of a stream into another stream, lake or sea.
- A liquid or semi-liquid mixture of water and some combination of soil, silt, and clay.
- Population trend
- An artificial body of water, often contained by a dam, constructed for the purpose of water storage.
- Natural freshwater surface streams of considerable volume and a permanent or seasonal flow, moving in a definite channel toward a sea, lake, or another river; any large streams, or ones larger than brooks or creeks, such as the trunk stream and larger branches of a drainage system.
- River valley
- A valley that contains, and has been formed by, a river.
- A point where groundwater or steam flows out of the ground, and is thus where the aquifer surface meets the ground surface or where there is a fissure.
- Linear body of water flowing on the Earth's surface.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!