Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 47
Specimens with Sequences: 40
Specimens with Barcodes: 28
Species With Barcodes: 5
Public Records: 19
Public Species: 4
- Symphonia albioculalis Hampson, 1906
- Symphonia leucostictalis Hampson, 1906
- Symphonia marionalis Viette, 1958
- Symphonia multipictalis Hampson, 1896
- Symphonia nymphulalis Marion & Viette, 1956
- Symphonia secunda Strand, 1919
- "global Pyraloidea database". Globiz.pyraloidea.org. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
|This Acentropinae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Symphonia is a genus of tropical woody plants, specifically trees in the family Clusiaceae. The genus has its diversity center in Madagascar and one species (Symphonia globulifera) disjunct in the Afrotropic and the Neotropic in the Amazon Rainforest.
Because of this particular distribution pattern, the origin of the genus is controversial: two hypotheses have been proposed, one suggesting an Amazon origin, the other a Madagascar origin.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!