Data about Pouteria
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Pouteria
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Plant height
- A stature and vigor trait (TO:0000133) which is associated with the height of a whole plant (PO:0000003).
- Temperature tolerance
- The minimum tolerable temperature is the lowest temperature recorded in the plant’s historical range. If this is not available, the record low January temperature recorded at climate stations within the current geographical range of the plant is used. This definition does not apply to summer annuals.
- USDA PLANTS database Characteristics Data Fields. http://plants.usda.gov/charinfo.html
- Wood density
- Secondary xylem volumetric density. Any measurable or observable characteristic related to the volumetric density of a secondary xylem.
- Chave J, Coomes D, Jansen S, Lewis SL, Swenson NG, Zanne AE (2009) Towards a worldwide wood economics spectrum. Ecology Letters 12: 351-366. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2009.01285.x