Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Halgerda willeyi
Below is the sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species.
See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen.
Other sequences that do not yet meet barcode criteria may also be available.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Halgerda willeyi
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 1
Species With Barcodes: 1
This species was described from a single specimen collected at Lifou, Loyalty Islands, by Dr A. Willey. Halgerda willeyi has been reported throughout the western Indo-Pacific, including Taiwan, Vietnam, Myanmar, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia and in the Red Sea.
The body of the Halgerda willeyi is rigid, with a series of acute interconnecting ridges. The ridges are topped with a yellow or orange line. The grooves between the ridges have chocolate brown lines and these lines extend right to the edge of the mantle as numerous radiating lines. This species is a fairly large halgerdid, and can reach 50 mm.
- Eliot, C.N.E. (1904) On some nudibranchs from East Africa and Zanzibar. Part III. Dorididae Cryptobranchiatae, I. Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, 1903(2): 354-385, Pls. 32-34. (published April 1, 1904)
- WoRMS (2010). Halgerda willeyi Eliot, 1904. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=221077 on 2011-08-24
- Marshall, J.G. & Willan, R.C. 1999. Nudibranchs of Heron Island, Great Barrier Reef - A Survey of the Opisthobranchia (Sea Slugs) of Heron and Wistari Reefs. Backhuys Publishers Leiden.
- Halgerda willeyi at Nudipixel
- Rudman, W.B., 1998 (June 17) Halgerda willeyi Eliot, 1904. [In] Sea Slug Forum. Australian Museum, Sydney.
- Okinawa sea slugs
- Halgerda willeyi on the Slug Site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Halgerda willeyi.|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!