The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Aldred, R. G., M. Nixon and J. Z. Young. 1983. Cirrothauma murrayi Chun, A finned octopod. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B, 301:1-54.
- Boletzky, S. v. 1982. On eggs and embryos of cirromorph octopods. Malacologia, 22: 197-204.
- Boletzky, S. v., M. Rio and M. Roux. 1992. Octopod "ballooning" response. Nature, London. 356: 199.
- Collins, M. A. 2003. The genus Grimpoteuthis (Octopoda: Grimpoteuthidae) in the North-east Atlantic, with descriptions of three new species. Zool. Journ. Linnean Soc., 139: 93-127
- Hunt, J. C. 1996. The behavior and ecology of midwater cephalopods from Monterey Bay: Submersible and laboratory observations. Ph. D. Dissertation, Univ. Calif. Los Angeles. 231 pp.
- Johnsen, S., Balser, E. J., and E. A. Widder (1999). Light-emitting suckers in an octopus. Nature, 398: 113-114.
- Nesis, K. N. 1982/87. Abridged key to the cephalopod mollusks of the world's ocean. 385+ii pp. Light and Food Industry Publishing House, Moscow. (In Russian.). Translated into English by B. S. Levitov, ed. by L. A. Burgess (1987), Cephalopods of the world. T. F. H. Publications, Neptune City, NJ, 351pp.
- O'Shea, Steve. 1999. The Marine Fauna of New Zealand: Octopoda (Mollusca: Cephalopoda). NIWA Biodiversity Memoir 112: 280pp.
- Piertney, S. B., C. Hudelot, F. G. Hochberg, and M. A. Collins. 2003. Phylogenetic relationships among cirrate octopods (Mollusca: Cephalopoda) resolved using mitochondrial 16S ribosomal DNA sequences. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 27: 348-353.
- Robson, G. C. 1932. A monograph of the Recent Cephalopoda. Part II. The Octopoda (excluding the Octopodinae). Brit. Mus. (Nat. Hist.), London.
- Roper, C. F. E. and W. L. Brundage, Jr. 1972. Cirrate octopods with associated deep-sea organisms: New biological data based on deep benthic photographs (Cephalopoda). Smithson. Contr. Zool., No. 121: 1-45.
- Vecchione, M. 1987. A multispecies aggregation of cirrate octopods trawled from north of the Bahamas. Bull. Mar. Sci., 40: 78-84.
- Vecchione, M. and R. E. Young. 1997. Aspects of the functional morphology of cirrate octopods: locomotion and feeding. Vie Milieu, 47:101-110.
- Villanueva, R. 1992. Continuous spawning in the cirrate octopods Opisthoteuthis agassizii and O. vossi: features of sexual maturation defining a reproductive strategy in cephalopods. Mar. Biol. 114:265-275.
- Villanueva, R. and A. Guerra. 1991. Food and prey detection in two deep-sea cephalopods: Opisthoteuthis agassizii and O. vossi (Octopoda: Cirrata). Bull. Mar. Sci. 49: 288-299.
- Voss, G. L. 1988. Evolution and phylogenetic relationships of deep-sea octopods (Cirrata and Incirrata). P. 253-276. In: Clarke, M. R. and E. R. Trueman (Eds.). The Mollusca. Vol. 12. Paleontology and Neontology of Cephalopods. Academic Press, New York. 355pp.
- Voss, G. L. and W. G. Pearcy. 1990. Deep-water octopods (Mollusca: Cephalopoda) of the Northeastern Pacific. Proc. Calif. Acad. Sci., 47: 47-94.
- Young, R. E. and M. Vecchione. 1996. Analysis of morphology to determine primary sister taxon relationships within coleoid cephalopods. Bull. Amer. Malac. Union., 12: 91-112.