An endemic Australian hairstreak genus. The larvae of some species are predatory on ant larvae.
Evolution and Systematics
Discussion of Phylogenetic Relationships
Acrodipsas contains species formerly included in Pseudodipsas. Sands (1980) considered the former to be more closely-related to another Australian endemic genus, Paralucia.The topology presented is based on the mitochondrial DNA-based phylogenetic analysis of Eastwood and Hughes (2003).
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 54
Specimens with Sequences: 37
Specimens with Barcodes: 35
Species With Barcodes: 9
Public Records: 37
Public Species: 9
Public BINs: 6
- Acrodipsas arcana - Black-veined ant-blue
- Acrodipsas aurata - Golden ant-blue
- Acrodipsas brisbanensis - Bronze ant-blue
- Acrodipsas cuprea - Copper ant-blue
- Acrodipsas decima - Decima ant-blue
- Acrodipsas hirtipes - Black ant-blue
- Acrodipsas illidgei - Illidge's ant-blue, Mangrove ant-blue
- Acrodipsas melania - Grey ant-blue
- Acrodipsas mortoni - Brown ant-blue
- Acrodipsas myrmecophila - Small ant-blue
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!