Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:14
Specimens with Barcodes:14
Species With Barcodes:12
Psorothamnus is a genus of plants in the legume family. These are shrubs and small trees. Many are known by the general common name indigo bush. Some are referred to as daleas, as this genus was once included in genus Dalea. These are generally thorny, thickly branched, strongly scented bushes. Most species bear lupinlike raceme inflorescences of bright purple legume flowers and gland-rich pods. Psorothamnus species are native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico. The genus is paraphyletic and it has been proposed that the genus Psorodendron be reinstated to accommodate sections Xylodalea, Capnodendron, and Winnemucca.
- Psorothamnus arborescens (A. Gray) Barneby—Mojave indigo bush
- var. arborescens (A. Gray) Barneby
- var. minutifolius (Parish) Barneby
- var. pubescens (Parish) Barneby
- var. simplicifolius (Parish) Barneby
- Psorothamnus emoryi (A. Gray) Rydb.—dyebush, Emory's indigo bush
- Psorothamnus fremontii (A. Gray) Barneby—Fremont's indigo bush
- var. attenuatus Barneby
- var. fremontii (A. Gray) Barneby
- Psorothamnus kingii (S. Watson) Barneby—King's dalea
- Psorothamnus nummularius (M.E. Jones) S.L. Welsh
- Psorothamnus polydenius (S. Watson) Rydb.—Nevada dalea
- Psorothamnus schottii (Torr.) Barneby—Schott's dalea
- Psorothamnus scoparius (A. Gray) Rydb.—broom dalea
- Psorothamnus spinosus (A. Gray) Barneby—smoketree, smokethorn
- Psorothamnus thompsoniae (Vail) S.L. Welsh & N.D. Atwood—Thompson's dalea
- Cardoso D, Pennington RT, de Queiroz LP, Boatwright JS, Van Wyk B-E, Wojciechowski MF, Lavin M. (2013). "Reconstructing the deep-branching relationships of the papilionoid legumes". S Afr J Bot 89: 58–75. doi:10.1016/j.sajb.2013.05.001.
- McMahon M, Hufford L. (2004). "Phylogeny of Amorpheae (Fabaceae: Papilionoideae)". Am J Bot 91 (8): 1219–1230. doi:10.3732/ajb.91.8.1219.
- "ILDIS LegumeWeb entry for Psorothamnus". International Legume Database & Information Service. Cardiff School of Computer Science & Informatics. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. "GRIN species records of Psorothamnus". Germplasm Resources Information Network—(GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "The Plant List entry for Psorothamnus". The Plant List. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and the Missouri Botanical Garden. 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!