Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||11||Public Records:||11|
|Specimens with Sequences:||11||Public Species:||11|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||11||Public BINs:||0|
|Species With Barcodes:||11|
Psorothamnus is a genus of plants in the legume family. These are shrubs and small trees. Many are known by the general common name indigo bush. Some are referred to as daleas, as this genus was once included in genus Dalea. These are generally thorny, thickly branched, strongly scented bushes. Most species bear lupinlike raceme inflorescences of bright purple legume flowers and gland-rich pods. Psorothamnus species are native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico.
- Psorothamnus arborescens (A. Gray) Barneby—Mojave indigo bush
- var. arborescens (A. Gray) Barneby
- var. minutifolius (Parish) Barneby
- var. pubescens (Parish) Barneby
- var. simplicifolius (Parish) Barneby
- Psorothamnus emoryi (A. Gray) Rydb.—dyebush, Emory's indigo bush
- Psorothamnus fremontii (A. Gray) Barneby—Fremont's indigo bush
- var. attenuatus Barneby
- var. fremontii (A. Gray) Barneby
- Psorothamnus kingii (S. Watson) Barneby—King's dalea
- Psorothamnus nummularius (M.E. Jones) S.L. Welsh
- Psorothamnus polydenius (S. Watson) Rydb.—Nevada dalea
- Psorothamnus schottii (Torr.) Barneby—Schott's dalea
- Psorothamnus scoparius (A. Gray) Rydb.—broom dalea
- Psorothamnus spinosus (A. Gray) Barneby—smoketree, smokethorn
- Psorothamnus thompsoniae (Vail) S.L. Welsh & N.D. Atwood—Thompson's dalea
- Cardoso D, Pennington RT, de Queiroz LP, Boatwright JS, Van Wyk B-E, Wojciechowski MF, Lavin M. (2013). "Reconstructing the deep-branching relationships of the papilionoid legumes". S Afr J Bot 89: 58–75. doi:10.1016/j.sajb.2013.05.001.
- "ILDIS LegumeWeb entry for Psorothamnus". International Legume Database & Information Service. Cardiff School of Computer Science & Informatics. Last edited on 1 November 2005 (rebuilt on 24 April 2013). Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. "GRIN species records of Psorothamnus". Germplasm Resources Information Network—(GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "The Plant List entry for Psorothamnus". The Plant List. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew and the Missouri Botanical Garden. 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!