The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Carter, D. 1992. Butterflies and Moths. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Ehrlich, P. 1961. How to Know the Butterflies. Dubuque, Iowa: W. C. Brown Co..
Hilty, J. Editor. 2015. Insect Visitors of Illinois Wildflowers. World Wide Web electronic publication. illinoiswildflowers.info, version (09/2015)
See: Abbreviations for Insect Activities, Abbreviations for Scientific Observers, References for behavioral observations
- Milne, L. 1980. The Aubudon Society field guide to North American insects and spiders. New York: Random House.
- Neck, R. 1996. A Field Guide to Butterflies of Texas. Houston, TX: Gulf Pub. Co..
- Opler, P. 1992. A Field Guide to Eastern Butterflies. Boston: Houghton-Mifflin Co..
- Pelham, Jonathan P. 2008. A catalogue of the butterflies of the United States and Canada with a complete bibliography of the descriptive and systematic literature. Journal of Research on the Lepidoptera, vol. 40. xiv + 658
- Scott, J. 1986. The Butterflies of North America. Standford, CA: Standford University Press.
- Stokes, D., L. Stokes. 1991. The Butterfly Book. Boston: Little Brown.
- Tveten, J. 1996. Butterflies of Houston and Southeast Texas. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!