The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Brooke, M. 2004. Albatrosses and Petrels Across the World. Bird Families of the World. Oxford University Press, Oxford, New York.
- Coll M, Piroddi C, Steenbeek J, Kaschner K, Ben Rais Lasram F, et al. 2010. The Biodiversity of the Mediterranean Sea: Estimates, Patterns, and Threats. PLoS ONE 5(8): e11842. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011842
- Nunn, G. B. and S. E. Stanley. 1998. Body size effects and rates of cytochrome b evolution in tube-nosed seabirds. Molecular Biology and Evolution 15:1360-1371.
- Onley, D. and P. Scofield. 2007. Albatrosses, Petrels and Shearwaters of the World. Princeton Field Guides. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ.
- Penhallurick, J. and M. Wink. 2004. Analysis of the taxonomy and nomenclature of the Procellariiformes based on complete nucleotide sequences of the mitochondrial cytochrome b gene. Emu 104(2):125-147.
- Rheindt, F. E. and J. J. Austin. 2005. Major analytical and conceptual shortcomings in a recent taxonomic revision of the Procellariiformes - a reply to Penhallurick and Wink (2004). Emu 105 (2):181-186.
- Warham, J. 1996. The Behaviour, Population Biology and Physiology of the Petrels. Academic Press, New York.
- WoRMS (2015). Procellariiformes. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=2686
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!