Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||75||Public Records:||54|
|Specimens with Sequences:||80||Public Species:||7|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||64||Public BINs:||11|
|Species With Barcodes:||7|
Oophaga is a genus of poison-dart frogs containing nine species. Many of these species were formerly in the Dendrobates genus. The frogs are distributed in Central and South America, from Nicaragua through the Colombian El Choco to northern Ecuador (at elevations below 1,200 metres (3,900 ft)).
- Oophaga arborea – Polkadot Poison Frog
- Oophaga granulifera – Granular Poison Frog
- Oophaga histrionica – Harlequin Poison Frog
- Oophaga lehmanni – Lehmann's Poison Frog
- Oophaga occultator – La Brea Poison Frog
- Oophaga pumilio – Strawberry Poison-dart Frog
- Oophaga speciosa – Splendid Poison Frog
- Oophaga sylvatica – Diablito
- Oophaga vicentei – Vicente's Poison Frog
- Grant, T., Frost, D. R., Caldwell, J. P., Gagliardo, R., Haddad, C. F. B., Kok, P. J. R., Means, D. B., Noonan, B. P., Schargel, W. E., and Wheeler, W. C. (2006). Phylogenetic systematics of dart-poison frogs and their relatives (Amphibia: Athesphatanura: Dendrobatidae). Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History, 299, 1-262 (http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/bitstream/2246/5803/1/B299.pdf)
- Heselhaus, R. 1992. Poison-arrow frogs: their natural history and care in captivity. Blandford, London.
- Zimmermann, E. and Zimmermann, H. 1994. Reproductive strategies, breeding, and conservation of tropical frogs: dart-poison frogs and Malagasy poison frogs. In: J.B. Murphy, K. Adler and J.T. Collins (eds), Captive management and conservation of amphibians and reptiles, pp. 255-266. Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles, Ithaca (New York). Contributions to Herpetology volume 11.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!