Reported from Yemen (Nader and Al-Safadi 1991), although Simmons (1995) states that this record requires confirmation.
Habitat and Ecology
IUCN Red List Assessment
Red List Category
Red List Criteria
- 1988Indeterminate(IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre 1988)
It is 40–50 cm (16–20 in) long, weighs 0.9–1.6 kg (2.0–3.5 lb), and feeds on small birds and eggs.
- B. c. crassicauda, central Mozambique, Malawi and Zambia
- B. c. nigrescens, Central Kenya (Nairobi)
- B. c. omnivora, found in northern coastal Tanzania and Kenya, is classified by the IUCN as endangered (as B. omnivora)
- B. c. puisa, northern Mozambique and southern Tanzania
- B. c. tenuis, found in Zanzibar, is classified as Lower Risk/least concern.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Bdeogale crassicauda|