Localities documented in Tropicos sources
Note: This information is based on publications available through Tropicos and may not represent the entire distribution. Tropicos does not categorize distributions as native or non-native.
- Flora of China Editorial Committee. 2008. Fl. China 11: 1–622. Science Press & Missouri Botanical Garden Press, Beijing & St. Louis. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/1032358
- Skog, J. T. & N. H. Nickerson. 1972 . Variation and speciation in the genus Hudsonia. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 59(3): 454–464. http://www.tropicos.org/Reference/1014246
Life History and Behavior
Evolution and Systematics
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Coriaria nepalensis
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Coriaria nepalensis
Public Records: 3
Specimens with Barcodes: 3
Species With Barcodes: 1
C. nepalensis is a shrub, growing around 1.5-2.5 metres tall. Flowers, yellow in colour, are in groups (inflorescences) and they are male or female but in the same plant. It blooms from February to May.
Fruits are red to dark purple when mature. They resemble berries, but they are actually achenes protected by enlarged and colored petals. The fruits are produced from May to August, but they are inedible as their seeds are poisonous.
This species was also found in southern China in mountain slopes at 200–3200 m high. It has been found in the Chinese provinces of Gansu, Guangxi, Guizhou, Henan, Hong Kong, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Shaanxi, Sichuan, Xizang, Yunnan.
- Tien-lu Ming and Anthony R. Brach. "Coriaceae" (PDF). Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Tropicos.org. "Coriaria nepalensis Wall.". Missouri Botanical Garden. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Coriaria nepalensis". Flowers of India. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Yokoyama, J., Suzuki M., Iwatsuki K., & Hasebe M. (2000). "Molecular phylogeny of Coriaria, with special emphasis on the disjunct distribution.". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 14 (1): 11–19.
- Abdul Ghafoor. "Coriaria nepalensis". Flora of Pakistan. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
- Tien-lu Ming and Anthony R. Brach. "Coriaria nepalensis". Flora of China. Retrieved 2013-02-10.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!