Data about <i>Pavonia schiedeana</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
||National Museum of Natural History Collections|
Glossary for Pavonia schiedeana
- administrative region
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- A region of general uniform slope, comparatively level, and of considerable extent.
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!