Data about Xanthophyllum
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
Glossary for Xanthophyllum
- The general region of indefinite width that extends from the sea inland to the first major change in terrain features.
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- An area with a high density of trees. A small forest may be called a wood.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- peat swamp
- Forested peatlands including both rain- and groundwater-fed types, commonly recorded in tropical regions with high rainfall. This type of peatland covers around 350,000 km2, primarily in south-east Asia but also occurring in the Everglades in Florida.
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
- wood density
- Secondary xylem volumetric density. Any measurable or observable characteristic related to the volumetric density of a secondary xylem.
- [database_cross_reference: GOC:TermGenie] [database_cross_reference: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2009.01285.x]
- Land having a cover of trees, shrubs, or both.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!