The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- ""Japanese beetle" Encyclopedia Britannica Online" (On-line). Accessed March 27, 2000 at http://search.eb.com/bol/topic?eu=44344&sctn=1&pm-1.
- Barnes, R. 1987. Invertebrate Zoology, 5th ed.. Philadelphia: Saunders College Pub..
- Fleming, W. 1972. Biology of the Japanese Beetle. UsDA Tech.
- Grupp, S. "The Bug Review-Japanese beetle" (On-line). Accessed April 3, 2000 at http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/bugreview/japanesebeetle.html.
Hilty, J. Editor. 2015. Insect Visitors of Illinois Wildflowers. World Wide Web electronic publication. illinoiswildflowers.info, version (06/2015)
See: Abbreviations for Insect Activities, Abbreviations for Scientific Observers, References for behavioral observations
- Meglitsch, P., F. Schram. 1991. Invertebrate Zoology, 3rd ed.. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Newman E. 1838. New Species of Popillia Leach. Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology 2(New Series):336-338, 392
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, "Soybean Insect Notes: Japanese Beetle" (On-line). Accessed April 3, 2000 at http://ipmwww.ncsu.edu/AG271/soybeans/japanese_beetle.html.
- Schoolmeesters P. (2013). Scarabs: World Scarabaeidae Database (version Aug 2012). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!