Data about Carduelinae
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||The Paleobiology Database|
Glossary for Carduelinae
- Body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- Body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- Clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- Extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- Litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|Onset of fertility||1.0 to 1.0 years||36||18|
|Body length (VT)||11.0 to 20.0 cm||11||5|
|Body mass||8.5 to 54.5 g||23||12|
|Water temperature||7.71 to 11.81 degrees Celsius||6||3|
|Water salinity||6.22 to 34.95 PSU||6||3|
|Total life span||4.0 to 27.0 years||25||25|
|Clutch/brood/litter size||3.0 to 5.0||14||14|
|Weight||1.08 to 65.3 g||31||27|
|Body mass||11.53 to 56.62 g||17||17|
|Litters per year||1.0 to 3.0 per year||13||13|
|Longitude||-6.2 to 55.6 degrees||20||10|
|Latitude||-21.1 to 57.4 degrees||20||10|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!