The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- B. C. Livezey and R. L. Zusi. 2007. Higher-order phylogeny of modern birds (Theropoda, Aves: Neornithes) based on comparative anatomy. II. Analysis and discussion. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 149(1):1-95
- Dickinson, Edward C., ed. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World, 3rd edition. 1039
- Marks, B. D., and D. E. Willard. 2005. Phylogenetic relationships of the Madagascar pygmy kingfisher (Ispidina madagariensis). Auk 122: 1271-1280.
- Moyle, R. G. 2006. A molecular phylogeny of kingfishers (Aledinidae) with insights into early biogeographic history. Auk 123: 487-499.
- Sibley, C. G. and J. E. Ahlquist. 1990. Phylogeny and classification of birds: a study in molecular evolution. Yale University Press, New Haven.
- Woodall, P. F. 2004. Family Alcedinidae. Pp 130-249 in del Hoyo, J., A. Elliott, J. Sargatal (eds.), Handbook of the Birds of the Worl, vol. 6. mousebirds to hornbills. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!