The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Aragon, S., A. P. Moller, J. J. Soler, and M. Soler. 1999. Molecular phylogeny of cuckoos supports a polyphyletic origin of brood parasitism. Journal of Evolutionary Biology 12(3):495-506.
- Hughes, J. M. 2000. Monophyly and phylogeny of cuckoos (Aves, Cuculidae) inferred from osteological characters. Zool. J. Linn. Soc. 130: 263-307.
- Hughes, J. M. 2006. Phylogeny of the cuckoo genus Coccyzus (Aves : Cucutidae): a test of monophyly. Systematics and Biodiversity 4(4):483-488.
- Kruger, O. and N. B. Davies. 2002. The evolution of cuckoo parasitism: a comparative analysis. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series B 269(1489):375-381.
- Sorenson, M.D. and R.B. Payne. 2005. Molecular systematics: cuckoo phylogeny inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequences. Pp. 68-94 in R.B. Payne. Bird Families of the World: Cuckoos. Oxford University Press.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!