Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 53
Specimens with Sequences: 51
Specimens with Barcodes: 51
Species With Barcodes: 7
Public Records: 28
Public Species: 6
Public BINs: 6
|Sub-family Boinae -- 5 genera|
|Genus||Taxon author||Species||Subsp.*||Common name||Geographic range|
|BoaT||Linnaeus, 1758||1||9||Boas||Mexico, Central America, South America, and on Reunion Island.|
|Candoia||Gray, 1842||4||2||Bevel-nosed boas||from Samoa and Tokelau west through Melanesia to New Guinea and the Maluku Islands.|
|Corallus||Daudin, 1803||7||2||Neotropical tree boas||Central America, South America and the West Indies. In Central America they occur in Honduras, eastern Guatemala through Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. Its range in South America includes Pacific Colombia and Ecuador, as well as the Amazon Basin from Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and northern Bolivia through Brazil to Venezuela, Isla Margarita, Trinidad, Tobago, Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana. In the West Indies it is found on St. Vincent, the Grenadines (Bequia Island, Ile Quatre, Baliceaux, Mustique, Canouan, Maryeau, Union Island, Petit Martinique and Carriacou), Grenada and the Windward Islands (Lesser Antilles).|
|Epicrates||Wagler, 1830||10||21||Rainbow boas||Lower Central America through South America as far south as Argentina, as well as in the West Indies.|
|Eunectes||Wagler, 1830||4||1||Anacondas||Tropical South America from Colombia and Venezuela south to Argentina.|
The genera Acrantophis and Sanzinia were erroneously synonymized with the genus Boa by Kluge in 1991. These have now been transferred to the resurrected subfamily Sanziniinae. The genus Candoia has similarly been transferred to its own subfamily, Candoiinae.
- McDiarmid RW, Campbell JA, Touré T. 1999. Snake Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, vol. 1. Herpetologists' League. 511 pp. ISBN 1-893777-00-6 (series). ISBN 1-893777-01-4 (volume).
- "Boinae". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 8 July 2008.
- Kluge, A.G. (1991). "Boine Snake Phylogeny and Research Cycles". Miscellaneous Publications of the Museum of Zoology, Univ. of Michigan 178.
- Reynolds, R.G.; Niemiller, M.L.; Revell, L.J. (2014). "Toward a Tree-of-Life for the boas and pythons: Multilocus species-level phylogeny with unprecedented taxon sampling". Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 71: 201–213. doi:10.1016/j.ympev.2013.11.011. PMID 24315866.
- Pyron, R.A.; Burbrink, F.T.; Wiens, J.J. (2013). "A phylogeny and revised classification of Squamata, including 4161 species of lizards and snakes". BMC Evolutionary Biology 13: 1–53.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!