Data about Holocentrinae
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|-59.4 to 41.7 degrees||86||39|
|-180 to 180.0 degrees||86||39|
|0.16 to 3,328.0 m||142||43|
|32.02 to 40.31 PSU||72||36|
|4.22 to 29.34 degrees Celsius||72||36|
Glossary for Holocentrinae
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- has parasite
- non-mutual relationship between organisms of different species where one organism, the parasite, benefits at the expense of the other, the host.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!