Data about Pithecellobium
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Large Orange Sulphur||GloBI|
Glossary for Pithecellobium
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- Geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- Has predator
- is consumed for energetic or other nutritional needs (by another organism)
- Interacts with
- an organism has an effect on another organism in the community.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Wood density
- Secondary xylem volumetric density. Any measurable or observable characteristic related to the volumetric density of a secondary xylem.
- [database_cross_reference: GOC:TermGenie] [database_cross_reference: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2009.01285.x]
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!