Data about Salmoninae
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Northern Short-tailed Shrew||GloBI|
Glossary for Salmoninae
- Clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- Interacts with
- an organism has an effect on another organism in the community.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|Weight||3.74 to 38.5 kg||12||12|
|Clutch/brood/litter size||3,500.0 to 8,000.0||2||2|
|Onset of fertility||2.0 to 13.49 years||22||12|
|Elevation||272.2 to 373.0 m||5||2|
|Water salinity||8.5 to 35.02 PSU||24||12|
|Total life span||3.0 to 50.0 years||14||14|
|Water temperature||-0.404 to 14.9 degrees Celsius||24||12|
|Water depth||-9 to 419.0 m||29||18|
|Latitude||-54.4 to 76.41 degrees||60||30|
|Longitude||-180 to 179.83 degrees||60||30|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!