Data about Dipnoi
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Evolution and Systematics
||The Paleobiology Database|
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|11.0 to 40.0 kg||3||3|
|8.3 to 19.7 years||3||3|
|60.0 to 60.0 m||1||1|
Glossary for Dipnoi
- body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- first appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- first appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!