Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||9||Public Records:||2|
|Specimens with Sequences:||8||Public Species:||1|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||7||Public BINs:||0|
|Species With Barcodes:||1|
Archasteridae is a family of starfish found in shallow waters in the tropical Indo-Pacific region. The genus Astropus, previously included in this family, is now included in the genus Archaster with the single species, Astropus longipes (Gray, 1840), being accepted as Archaster lorioli Sukarno & Jangoux, 1977.
- Subfamily Benthopectininae accepted as Benthopectinidae
- Subfamily Pararchasterinae accepted as Benthopectinidae
- Subfamily Plutonasterinae accepted as Astropectinidae
The following species are listed by the World Register of Marine Species:
- Archaster angulatus Müller & Troschel, 1842
- Archaster lorioli Sukarno & Jangoux, 1977
- Archaster typicus Müller & Troschel, 1840
- Mah, Christopher (2010). "Archasteridae". In C. L. Mah. World Asteroidea database. World Register of Marine Species. http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=152514. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- Mah, Christopher (2010). "Archaster Müller & Troschel, 1840". In C. L. Mah. World Asteroidea database. World Register of Marine Species. http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=205285. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!