- Xylocopa africana africana (Fabricius, 1781)
- Xylocopa africana congoensis Enderlein, 1903
- Xylocopa africana conradti Enderlein, 1903
- Xylocopa africana longjinensis Strand, 1911
In males the thorax and the first abdominal segment are golden yellow, while in females they are brown. The abdomen is mainly dark brown or blackish.
- Eardley, C. D. (1987) Catalogue of Apoidea (Hymenoptera) in Africa south of the Sahara, Part 1, The genus Xylocopa Latreille (Anthophoridae), Entomology Memoir, No. 70
|This bee-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!