Ancylini is a tribe of small, freshwater, air-breathing limpets, aquatic pulmonate gastropod mollusks in the family Planorbidae, the ram's horn snails and their allies. This tribe was previously treated as a family; the current taxonomic placement within Planorbidae is according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda (Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005).
These animals have a pallial lung, as do all pulmonate snails, but they also have a false gill or "pseudobranch" which can serve perfectly well as a gill in situations where the limpet is unable to reach the surface for air, as is often the case.
- Ancylus Müller, 1773 - type genus
- Ferrissia Walker, 1903
- Rhodacmea Walker, 1917
- Sineancylus Gutiérrez Gregoric, 2014
- Anisancylus Pilsbry & Vanatta, 1924
- Burnupia Walker, 1912
- Gundlachia Pfeiffer, 1849
- Hebetancylus Pilsbry, 1914
- Laevapex Walker, 1903
- Uncancylus Pilsbry, 1913
- Rafinesque C. S. (1815). Analyse de la Nature ou tableau de l'univers et des corps organisés. Palermo, 223 pp.
- "Ancylidae". Integrated Taxonomic Information System., accessed 1 January 2008.
- 2000. Ancylidae. (on-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed December 31, 2008 at http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Ancylidae.html
- "Ancylidae". UniProt. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- dos Santos, S. B. (2003). "Estado atual do conhecimento dos ancilídeos na América do Sul (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Pulmonata: Basommatophora)" (PDF). Revista de Biología Tropical (in Portuguese) 51 (3): 191–223. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- Gutiérrez Gregoric, D. E. (2014). "Sineancylus, Nom. Nov.: A Replacement Name for Anancylus Gutiérrez Gregoric, 2012 (Gastropoda, Ancylidae)". Malacologia 57 (1): 243. doi:10.4002/040.057.0102.
- Bouchet, P. (2014). "Sineancylus Gutiérrez Gregoric, 2014". World Register of Marine Species. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!