Data about <i>Osmia bucephala</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Osmia bucephala
- catalog number
- An identifier (preferably unique) for the record within the data set or collection.
- collection code
- The name, acronym, coden, or initialism identifying the collection or data set from which the record was derived.
- collection id
- An identifier for the collection or dataset from which the record was derived.
- An entity responsible for making contributions to the resource.
- The name of the country or major administrative unit in which the Location occurs.
- A biological sex quality inhering in an individual or a population that only produces gametes that can be fertilised by male gametes.
- geographic distribution includes
- This organism is known to be present in this location or region
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- higher geography
- A list (concatenated and separated) of geographic names less specific than the information captured in the locality term.
- The one specimen or other element used or designated by the original author at the time of publication of the original description as the nomenclatural type of a species or infraspecific taxon. A holotype may be 'explicit' if it is clearly stated in the originating publication or 'implicit' if it is the single specimen proved to have been in the hands of the originating author when the description was published. [Zoo./Bot./Bio.]
- individual count
- The number of individuals represented present at the time of the Occurrence.
- institution code
- The name (or acronym) in use by the institution having custody of the object(s) or information referred to in the record.
- The specific description of the place. Less specific geographic information can be provided in other geographic terms (higherGeography, continent, country, stateProvince, county, municipality, waterBody, island, islandGroup). This term may contain information modified from the original to correct perceived errors or standardize the description.
- measurement method
- A description of or reference to (publication, URI) the method or protocol used to determine the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- measurement remarks
- Comments or notes accompanying the MeasurementOrFact.
- measurement value
- The value of the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) Entomology Collection
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. Primarily dried specimens (e.g., skins, herbarium sheets). URL for collection: http://darwin.si.edu/Darwin/MuseumOffices/entomology.html
- A list (concatenated and separated) of preparations and preservation methods for a specimen.
- Bibliographic references related to this record.
- scientific name
- The full scientific name, with authorship and date information if known. When forming part of an Identification, this should be the name in lowest level taxonomic rank that can be determined. This term should not contain identification qualifications, which should instead be supplied in the IdentificationQualifier term.
- The sex of the biological individual(s) represented in the Occurrence. Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
- A related resource from which the described resource is derived.
- state or province
- The name of the next smaller administrative region than country (state, province, canton, department, region, etc.) in which the Location occurs.
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- type status
- A list (concatenated and separated) of nomenclatural types (type status, typified scientific name, publication) applied to the subject.
|Environments - EOL project|
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) female
|National Museum of Natural History Collections|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!