- Head anterior to antennnal sockets strongly narrowed from side to side
- Masticatory margins of mandibles oppose but do not overlap when mandibles fully closed
- Trigger hairs on labrum or mandible
- Specialized labral shape
- Preocular carina present
In addition, the tribe has the following apomorphies:
- Mandible with a medially projecting cuticular basimandibular process on inner margin close to base (an extrusion of the mandible)
- Dorsum of labrum with one or two medial impressions that receive the basimandibular processes when the mandibles are fully closed
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!