The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Baroni Urbani, C., B. Bolton and P. S. Ward. 1992. The internal phylogeny of ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Systematic Entomology 17:301-329.
- Bolton, B. 1994. Identification Guide to the Ant Genera of the World. 222 pp. Cambridge, Mass.
- Bolton, B. 1995. A New General Catalog of the Ants of the World. 504 pp. Cambridge, Mass.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. 370 pp. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute, Vol. 71. Gainesville, FL.
- Hölldobler, B. and E. O. Wilson. 1990. The Ants. 732 pp. Harvard University Press.
- Shattuck, S. O. 1992. Higher classification of the ant subfamilies Aneuretinae, Dolichoderinae and Formicinae. Systematic Entomology 17: 199-206.
- Shattuck, S. O. 1994. Taxonomic catalog of the ant subfamilies Aneuretinae and Dolichoderinae. University of California Publications in Entomology 112: 1-241.
- Wheeler, G. C. & Wheeler, J. 1976. Ant larvae: review and synthesis. Memoirs of the Entomological Society of Washington 74: 1-108.
- Wilson, E. O., T. Eisner, G. C. Wheeler, and J. Wheeler. 1956. Aneuretus simoni Emery, a major link in ant evolution. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College 115: 81-99.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!