Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Pseudophilotes vicrama
Below is a sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species.
See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen and other sequences.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Pseudophilotes vicrama
Public Records: 11
Specimens with Barcodes: 14
Species With Barcodes: 1
The Eastern Baton Blue (Pseudophilotes vicrama) is a small butterfly found from Asia, east to Tian Shan and parts of China, west to the Balkan, Turkey, eastern Europe to southern Finland. It belongs to the Lycaenids or Blues family.
As per Savela, the butterfly is found in the Pamirs - Alay Mountains, Ghissar - Darvaz, Tian-Shan, north-west India south-eastEurope, Asia Minor, Caucasus, Transcaucasia, western Siberia, Altai, Turan and Kopet-Dagh.
The Eastern Baton Blue is 20 to 26mm in size. The male butterfly is pale dusky-blue in colour with a broad border while the female is brown. The butterfly is named for its prominent chequered fringe.
- Pseudophilotes vicrama vicrama (Pamirs-Alai, Ghissar-Darvaz, Tian-Shan, north-western India)
- Pseudophilotes vicrama astabene (Hemming, 1932) (Kopet-Dagh)
- Pseudophilotes vicrama clara (Christoph, 1887) (The Balkans, Middle East, Oman, Turkestan)
- Pseudophilotes vicrama pallida (Shchetkin, 1960) (Turan, southern Ghissar)
- Pseudophilotes vicrama schiffermulleri (Hemming, 1929) (south-eastern Europe, Asia Minor, Caucasus, Transcaucasia, western Siberia, Altai)
- Card for species vicrama in LepIndex. Accessed 14 October 2006.
- Evans,W.H.(1932) The Identification of Indian Butterflies, ser no H22.2, pg 225.
- Page on Marrku Savela's site for genus Pseudophilotes (Lycaenidae).
- Wynter-Blyth, M.A. (1957) Butterflies of the Indian Region, pg 281.
- Beccaloni, G. W., Scoble, M. J., Robinson, G. S. & Pitkin, B. (Editors). 2003. The Global Lepidoptera Names Index (LepIndex). World Wide Web electronic publication. http://www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/lepindex [accessed 14 October 2006].
- Evans, W.H. (1932) The Identification of Indian Butterflies. (2nd Ed), Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India.
- Marrku Savela's Website on Lepidoptera .
- Wynter-Blyth, M.A. (1957) Butterflies of the Indian Region, Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India.
|This Polyommatinae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!