Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:16
Specimens with Barcodes:13
Species With Barcodes:6
Sagdidae is a family of air-breathing land snails, terrestrial pulmonate gastropod mollusks with highest diversity in the Greater Antilles. It has been classified in its own superfamily Sagdoidea  and as a member of the superfamily Helicoidea. Some species of Sagdidae are ovoviviparous.
Vestigial love darts exist in some species within this family.
Subfamilies and genera
The family Sagdidae consists of four subfamilies:
- Sagdinae Pilsbry, 1895
- Aquebaninae H. B. Baker, 1940
- Platysuccineinae H. B. Baker, 1940
- Yunqueinae Schileyko, 1998
Genera in the family Sagdidae include:
- Odontosagda - Odontosagda blandii
- Pilsbry H. A. (2 February) 1895 Guide to the study of helices. Manual of conchology; structural and systematic. With illustrations of the species. Second series: Pulmonata. Volume 9. 36, 33a:i-xlviii, 161-336, plates 41-71.
- Bouchet, P. & Rocroi, J.-P. 2005. Classification and nomenclator of gastropod families. Malacologia 47: 1-397.
- Wade, C. M., Mordan, P. B. & Naggs, F. 2006. Evolutionary relationships among the Pulmonate land snails and slugs (Pulmonata, Stylommatophora). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 87: 593-610. Abstract.
- Goodfriend, G. A. 1986. Radiation of the land snail genus Sagda (Pulmonata: Sagdidae): comparative morphology, biogeography and ecology of the species of north-central Jamaica. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 87: 367-398.
- Sagdidae. Discover Life, accessed 6 December 2008.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!