Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||25||Public Records:||0|
|Specimens with Sequences:||16||Public Species:||0|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||13||Public BINs:||0|
|Species With Barcodes:||4|
Sagdidae is a family of air-breathing land snails, terrestrial pulmonate gastropod mollusks with highest diversity in the Greater Antilles. It has been classified in its own superfamily Sagdoidea  and as a member of the superfamily Helicoidea. Some species of Sagdidae are ovoviviparous.
Vestigial love darts exist in some species within this family.
Subfamilies and genera
- Sagdinae Pilsbry, 1895
- Aquebaninae H. B. Baker, 1940
- Platysuccineinae H. B. Baker, 1940
- Yunqueinae Schileyko, 1998
- Odontosagda - Odontosagda blandii
- Pilsbry H. A. (2 February) 1895 Guide to the study of helices. Manual of conchology; structural and systematic. With illustrations of the species. Second series: Pulmonata. Volume 9. 36, 33a:i-xlviii, 161-336, plates 41-71.
- Bouchet, P. & Rocroi, J.-P. 2005. Classification and nomenclator of gastropod families. Malacologia 47: 1-397.
- Wade, C. M., Mordan, P. B. & Naggs, F. 2006. Evolutionary relationships among the Pulmonate land snails and slugs (Pulmonata, Stylommatophora). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 87: 593-610. Abstract.
- Goodfriend, G. A. 1986. Radiation of the land snail genus Sagda (Pulmonata: Sagdidae): comparative morphology, biogeography and ecology of the species of north-central Jamaica. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 87: 367-398.
- Sagdidae. Discover Life, accessed 6 December 2008.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!