- male parameres conchoid and asetose (in rare cases, e.g. Pseudamara arenaria, parameres have some apical setae)
- mandible lacking scrobal seta (various taxa may have numerous short fine setae in the scrobe and in rare cases, e.g. Metius robustus, there may be a single more substantial seta. However, this condition is recognizably different than the single robust fixed seta in the scrobe of non-harpalinae taxa)
- Configuration of abdomen:Tergum VIII partially or totally invaginated with anterolateral apophyses present. Pygidial gland opening near the posterior margin of tergum VIII.
- most species spray hydrocarbons and formic acid in defense secretions (Moore, 1979)
- male chromosome number in most species 2n=36+x
- high-grade wedge-pushing ability
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||7,760||Public Records:||1,492|
|Specimens with Sequences:||6,137||Public Species:||413|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||5,470||Public BINs:||263|
|Species With Barcodes:||735|
Locations of barcode samples
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!