The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Collette, Bruce B., Carol Reeb, and Barbara A. Block / Barbara A. Block and E. Donald Stevens, eds. 2001. Systematics of the Tunas and Mackerels (Scombridae). Fish Physiology, vol. 19: Tuna: Physiology, Ecology, and Evolution. 1-33
- Collette, Bruce B., and Christopher R. Aadland. 1996. Revision of the frigate tunas (Scombridae, Auxis), with descriptions of two new subspecies from the eastern Pacific. Fishery Bulletin, vol. 94, no. 3. 423-441
- Collette, Bruce B., and Cornelia E. Nauen. 1983. Scombrids of the World: An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of Tunas, Mackerels, Bonitos and Related Species Known to Date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 2. 137
- R. W. Purdy and V. P. Schneider. 2001. The Neogene sharks, rays, and bony fishes from Lee Creek Mine, Aurora, North Carolina. Smithsonian Contributions to Paleobiology 90:71-202
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262