Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 11
Specimens with Sequences: 11
Specimens with Barcodes: 11
Species With Barcodes: 4
Public Records: 10
Public Species: 4
Public BINs: 5
This family is within the clade Cladobranchia (according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005).
The family Scyllaeidae consists of the following subfamilies (according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005):
|This section requires expansion. (December 2009)|
Genera in the family Scyllaeidae include:
- Crosslandia Eliot, 1902
- Notobryon Odhner, 1936
- Scyllaea Linnaeus, 1758
- Genera brought into synonymy
- Nerea Lesson, 1831: synonym of Scyllaea Linnaeus, 1758
- http://www.catalogueoflife.org/ accessed 16 September 2009
- http://www.seaslugforum.net/ accessed 16 September 2009
- Vaught, K.C. (1989). A classification of the living Mollusca. American Malacologists: Melbourne, FL (USA). ISBN 0-915826-22-4. XII, 195 pp.
- Pola M., Camacho-Garcia Y.E. & Gosliner T.M. (2012) Molecular data illuminate cryptic nudibranch species: the evolution of the Scyllaeidae (Nudibranchia: Dendronotina) with a revision of Notobryon. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 165: 311–336
- Bouchet, P. (2012). Scyllaeidae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=23115 on 2012-06-07
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!