The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Eschmeyer, William N. 1990. Genera of Recent Fishes. iii + 697
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- Evermann, Barton W.; Kendall, William C. 1894. Fishes of Texas and the Rio Grande Basin, Considered Chiefly with Reference to Their Geographic Distribution. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission, vol.12, 1892; Plate XLVI-1
- Hureau, J.-C., and Th. Monod, eds. 1973. Check-list of the fishes of the north-eastern Atlantic and of the Mediterranean (Clofnam), vol. 1. xxii + 683
- J. J. Sepkoski, Jr. 2002. A compendium of fossil marine animal genera. Bulletins of American Paleontology 363:1-560
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Shuker, KPN. 2001. The Hidden Powers of Animals: Uncovering the Secrets of Nature. London: Marshall Editions Ltd. 240 p.