The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- C. Linnaeus. 1758. Systema Naturae per Regna Tria Naturae, secundum Classes, Ordines, Genera, Species, cum Characteribus, Differentiis, Synonymis, Locis. Tomus I. Laurentii Salvii, Holmiae (Stockholm)
- Collette, Bruce B., Carol Reeb, and Barbara A. Block / Barbara A. Block and E. Donald Stevens, eds. 2001. Systematics of the Tunas and Mackerels (Scombridae). Fish Physiology, vol. 19: Tuna: Physiology, Ecology, and Evolution. 1-33
- Collette, Bruce B., and Cornelia E. Nauen. 1983. Scombrids of the World: An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of Tunas, Mackerels, Bonitos and Related Species Known to Date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 2. 137
- Dressler, Fletcher B.; Fesler, Bert. 1889. Review of the Mackerels (Scombbinae) of America and Europe. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. v.7 1887; Plate II
- Goode, George Brown. 1884. Fisheries and Fishery Industries of the United States: Section I, Natural History of Useful Aquatic Animals, Plates. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office; Plate 91
- Link J (2002) Does food web theory work for marine ecosystems? Mar Ecol Prog Ser 230:19
- R. W. Dexter, The marine communities of a tidal inlet at Cape Ann, Massachusetts: a study in bio-ecology, Ecol. Monogr. 17:263-294, from p. 272 (1947).
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262