The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Atlantic Menhaden Interstate Fisheries Management - Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commissionhttp://www.asmfc.org/atlanticMenhaden.htm
- B. J. Copeland, K. R. Tenore, D. B. Horton, Oligohaline regime. In: Coastal Ecological Systems of the United States, H. T. Odum, B. J. Copeland, E. A. McMahan, Eds. (Conservation Foundation, Washington, DC, 1974) 2:315-357, from p. 318.
- Bailly, N. (2014). Brevoortia Gill, 1861. In: Froese, R. and D. Pauly. Editors. (2014) FishBase. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=158688
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- Evermann, Barton Warren, 1835-1932. 1899. Report on Investigations by the United States Fish Commission in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas in 1897. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1897/1898; Plate 22
- Franklin, H.B. 2001. The most important fish in the sea. In Discover Magazine, September 2001. Retrieved March 9, 2012 from http://discovermagazine.com/2001/sep/featfish
- Franklin, H.B. 2007. The most important fish in the sea: Menhaden and America. Island Press. 280 pp.
- Goode, G. Brown (George Brown), 1851-1896. 1879. Natural and Economical History of the American Menhaden. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1877; Plate VII
- Hildebrand, Samuel F. 1920. Two species of Menhaden occurring on the coast of North Carolina. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the Fiscal Year 1918, with Appendixes; Page 6
- Proc. Acad. Nat. Sci. Philad., 1861, 37.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia 19(6): 81–82. 1867. (Proc. Acad. Nat. Sci. Philadelphia)
- S. W. Nixon and C. A. Oviatt, Ecology of a New England salt marsh, Ecol. Monogr. 43:463-498, from p. 491 (1973).
- Waine, M. 2011. Species Profile: Atlantic Menhaden Board Explores New Biological Reference Points for the Short- and Long-term ASMFC Fisheries Focus, Vol. 20, Issue 4. Retrieved March 9, 2012 from www.asmfc.org/speciesDocuments/menhaden/menhadenProfile.pdf
- Whitehead, Peter J. P. 1985. Clupeoid Fishes of the World (Suborder Clupeoidei): An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of the Herrings, Sardines, Pilchards, Sprats, Shads, Anchovies and Wolf-herrings: Part 1 - Chirocentridae, Clupeidae and Pristigasteridae. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 7, pt. 1. x + 303
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. February 25, 2012. “Menhaden”. Retrieved March 7, 2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Menhaden&oldid=478745189">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Menhaden&oldid=478745189">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Menhaden&oldid=478745189
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. March 5, 2012. “Atlantic Menhaden”. Retrieved March 7, 2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Atlantic_menhaden&oldid=480304961">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Atlantic_menhaden&oldid=48030496">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Atlantic_menhaden&oldid=480304961
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!