The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Albins MA and Lyons PJ. 2012. Invasive red lionfish Pterois volitans blow directed jets of water at prey fish. Marine Ecology Progress Series 448: 1-5.
- Attis S. 2010. Lionfish, Genus Pterois. Lionfish Hunters.org. http://www.lionfishhunters.org/lionfish.html
- Cote IM, Green SJ, Hixon MA. 2013. Predatory fish invaders: Insights from Indo-Pacific lionfish in the western Atlantic and Caribbean. Biological Conservation 164: 50-61.
- Eschmeyer WN. 1986. Scorpaenidae. p. 463-478. ed.Smith and Heemstra. Smiths' Sea Fishes. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- Fautin D, Dalton P, Incze LS, Leong J-AC, Pautzke C, et al. 2010. An Overview of Marine Biodiversity in United States Waters. PLoS ONE 5(8): e11914. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011914
- Hureau, J.-C., and Th. Monod, eds. 1973. Check-list of the fishes of the north-eastern Atlantic and of the Mediterranean (Clofnam), vol. 1. xxii + 683
- Isis, 1817, 1782 [= 1182].
- Jud ZR and Layman CA. 2012. Site fidelity and movement patters of invasive lionfish, Pterois, spp. in a Florida estuary. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 414: 69-74.
- Maljkovic A, Van Leeuwen TE, Cove SN. 2008. Predation on the invasive red lionfish Pterois volitans by native groupers in the Bahamas. Coral Reefs 27: 501.
- Morris JA and Akins JL. 2009. Feeding ecology of invasive lionfish (Pterois volitans) in the Bahamian archipelago. Environmental Biology of Fishes 86: 389–398.
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF). 2012. Lionfish Information and Resources: REEF Database Reports. www.REEF.org. Cited 12 November 2013.
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. World Fishes Important to North Americans Exclusive of Species from the Continental Waters of the United States and Canada. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 21. 243
- Schofield PJ. 2009. Geographic extent and chronology of the invasion of non-native lionfish (Pterois volitans and P. miles) in the Western North Atlantic and Caribbean Sea. Aquatic Invasions 4: 473-479.
- Steinitz H. 1959. Observation on Pterois volitans and its Venom. Copeia 2: 158-160.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!