Water temperature and chemistry ranges based on 1 sample.
Depth range (m): 7.3152 - 7.3152
Temperature range (°C): 20.987 - 20.987
Nitrate (umol/L): 1.973 - 1.973
Salinity (PPS): 35.368 - 35.368
Oxygen (ml/l): 5.203 - 5.203
Phosphate (umol/l): 0.365 - 0.365
Silicate (umol/l): 5.377 - 5.377
Note: this information has not been validated. Check this *note*. Your feedback is most welcome.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||48||Public Records:||6|
|Specimens with Sequences:||34||Public Species:||2|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||19||Public BINs:||2|
|Species With Barcodes:||4|
The river sharks are five rare species of shark in the genus Glyphis, although, due to their secretive habits, other species could easily remain undiscovered. Their precise geographic range is uncertain, but the known species are documented in parts of South and Southeast Asia and Australia. The river sharks are members of the family Carcharhinidae, and thus share the basic characteristics of the group. The bull shark (Carcharhinus leucas) is sometimes called both the river shark and the Ganges shark; it should not be confused with the river sharks of Glyphis.
- Glyphis fowlerae Compagno, W. T. White & Cavanagh, 2010 (Borneo river shark)
- Glyphis gangeticus (J. P. Müller & Henle, 1839) (Ganges shark)
- Glyphis garricki Compagno, W. T. White & Last, 2008 (Northern river shark)
- Glyphis glyphis (J. P. Müller & Henle, 1839) (Speartooth shark)
- Glyphis siamensis (Steindachner, 1896) (Irrawaddy river shark)
- Glyphis sp Not yet described (Mukah river shark)
- †Glyphis hastalis
- "Glyphis". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 4 May 2006.
- Compagno, Dando, & Fowler, Sharks of the World, Princeton University Press, New Jersey 2005 ISBN 0-691-12072-2
- The Mysterious, Endangered River Sharks. (Accessed 11/26/06)
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!