Water temperature and chemistry ranges based on 1 sample.
Depth range (m): 0.1 - 0.1
Temperature range (°C): 15.376 - 15.376
Nitrate (umol/L): 1.171 - 1.171
Salinity (PPS): 35.487 - 35.487
Oxygen (ml/l): 5.610 - 5.610
Phosphate (umol/l): 0.221 - 0.221
Silicate (umol/l): 0.906 - 0.906
Note: this information has not been validated. Check this *note*. Your feedback is most welcome.
There are currently six recognized species in this genus: 
- Neochanna apoda Günther, 1867 (Brown mudfish)
- Neochanna burrowsius (Phillipps, 1926) (Canterbury mudfish)
- Neochanna cleaveri (E. O. G. Scott, 1934) (Tasmanian mudfish)
- Neochanna diversus Stokell, 1949 (Black mudfish)
- Neochanna heleios Ling & Gleeson, 2001 (Northland mudfish)
- Neochanna rekohua (C. P. Mitchell, 1995) (Chatham mudfish)
- "Neochanna". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. http://www.itis.gov/servlet/SingleRpt/SingleRpt?search_topic=TSN&search_value=162130. Retrieved 1 June 2007.
- NIWA June 2006
- "New Zealand mudfish (Neochanna spp.) recovery plan (Northland, black, brown, Canterbury and Chatham mudfish) (Threatened Species Recovery Plan 51)". Department of Conservation, Wellington, New Zealand. 2003. http://www.doc.govt.nz/upload/documents/science-and-technical/tsrp51.pdf. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- O'Brien L.K.; Dunn N.R. (2007) Science for Conservation 277. p 88. Department of Conservation, New Zealand. 
|This Osmeriformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!